lost soul 2

Thursday 25 December 2014

RISE..RISE..RISE ABOVE YOUR FEARS..! AND SHINE....!

Monday 9:30 AM


I am fully prepared to attend my first interview of "XYZ" MNC came to campus. 
White shirts, black pant, tie, folder, there is a huge crowd of students in the placement cell. 
People are discussing: total 4 rounds, technical, aptitude, GD then personal interview. Some were very excited to about the company, 6 lac CTC at the time of joining, some were serious. 
I sat on the chair along with 100 students. A huge crowd for 2-3 selection. Is not it?
I am nervous too. Winter and I am sweating. My leg were trembling inside my trouser. 
Why? 
Is this job so important to me? 
Yes! It is! 
Perhaps I am taking too much tension! I tried to calm myself. 
1st round results: I have cleared. 
2nd round results: I have cleared it also. 
3rd round result: Whoa..! I have won. 
Now success was one step ahead to me. I was on the list of finalist with 8 other students. 
My name was called and I entered in the interview hall of placement cell. 6 people in a row and I sat in front of them. Seeing the Vice president of the company, who I haven't seen till the moment today was a surprise. And they started firing questions one by one. 
1st question was about my looks:

"Didn't you have time to shave your beard?" 

I didn't pay attention to shave before appearing for interview. i felt like, my confidence level is going down.

I felt shiver and hotness both inside my body. And I felt like running outside at once. I was unable to give reply. As if I was not able to speak, in spite of answers I knew. 10 minutes seemed to me as 10 years. I came back, and result was out. I was not selected obviously.

I returned to my room and lie to my room and tried to analyze, what went wrong. I have fears of interview, in spite of being topped in technical 1st round, I failed in personal interview section, why?

Bcoz i didn't pay attention towards clean and neat looks.

Some thing was seriously wrong. 

FEAR! 
FEAR OF FAILURE....! 
FEAR OF PERSONAL INTERVIEW....! 
Image Source: http://addictionawareness.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Fear.egg_28d661.jpg

AND I HAVE TO OVERCOME IT. 
I HAVE TO WIN OVER IT. 
I HAVE TO RISE ABOVE MY FEARS...! 
image source: http://www.dieselsc.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fear-is-in-your-head1.jpg

Everybody has fears....and they haunt them, may be they seem very little to others, but for that person, ask him, and he will tell. I decided to win....! i slept on the bed. And took a deep breath. And tried to sleep. 

----------------------------------- 
30 days have passed. 10 more company has come to our campus. But i haven't sat for any of them. Average CTC and my dream company is scheduled to come after 10 days. My batch mates and close friends have tried to warn me not to miss any opportunities of other companies, but i have decided, i will win on my D-Day. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
Finally waiting is over. 
My dream company is in campus. 

I was fully prepared this time. not to repeat the past mistake. I went to the saloon to have a decent hair cut and clean shave before the D-day, and i saw the change in my looks and this increased my confidence level.
And as usual other rounds i have cleared well. Now personal interview. 
image source: http://refe99.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Stop-letting-fear-rule-your-life.jpg

I HAVE TO WIN. 
I HAVE TO RISE. 
I HAVE TO SHINE. 
I HAVE TO SHED MY ANXIETIES. 
I HAVE TO WIN OVER MY FEARS. 

Still I haven't told anybody about my past interview experience. 
I knew, people are more interested to laugh than to help. 

I called my roommate, my best friend. And I told him about fears. 
He is angry, not to telling him earlier. 

There was 2 hour time still to start the interview. We came outside the placement cell. And to the old canteen, which is far from our placement cell. There was no any of our batch mates. Only 2-3, 1st year’s students, as it is nearer to their classroom. And they were busy in attending class. 

We sat on the table near the tree. He ordered two coffee. And we chat. We chat about our 1st interaction in the college. We chat about our 1st ragging or interaction with seniors. We chat about sharing our crush on the same b'ful girl, still we didn't have a fight for her. We chat about watching all the TV series on the laptop together. We chat about all the happy moments in the college. 

Then he told to call my parents. And I called my parents. And I talked to them. Not a single word about interview. Normal talk. and another round of coffee. I became calm. 
image source: http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-face-your-fears-1.png

He told me, don't have an expectation. Don't worry about result. Talk to them, as if I am sitting in front of you, and you are talking to me. Tell them, if you know the answers, and if you not, you don't have to be worried. 

image source: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiwR83NwxgcpyI-HzH2ITEymkhbg2UunItuBW-q9fIt0NKDMh0TFQSOxkyeo4OkmPvjwpK0RNuQ9Pkcf3E0OrD8Rd0QaWzJuKksH691qtcmzLv3jwGsVEb29dpkTPTgETvTWbjrTvv3aM0/s1600/winston+churchill+quotes.jpg




Still there was 0.5 hour. I think, we have to go back, I told. Then we returned back to the placement cell. 

My turn, and next moment I was inside the hall, in front of 7 interviewer. I wished them. And for one second, i imagined, they are people just like us too, they are like my friends, and they are not here to humiliate me, they are here to select me, and then i imagined the moment of watching the happiness on my parents face, when they got to know about my selection. 
 And I felt, my fears are turning to an ant size from a big monster. 
YES! I HAVE WON MY FEARS. 
YES! I HAVE RISEN ABOVE MY FEARS. 
YES! I HAVE GOT SELECTED IN MY DREAM JOB.! 


This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette.

I’m accepting and acknowledging the tag of Vartika Goyal through this post 
  

Topics for Girls:
An instance when a stubble came in the way of a man’s chance to make a good impression.
An instance when a well groomed look ensured that they struck gold on an opportunity given to them.
Topics for Guys:
Missed chances- Stories or instances where you missed out on an opportunity because of a non-shaven face.
Luck or Confidence?- Will you leave your fate in the hands of destiny or will you step up and say yes to a well-groomed face to be at your best everyday? #WillYouShave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ur thoughts are welcome..!

Popular Posts

Don't Copy

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker